We are pleased to introduce GNS3 0.8.2 BETA2! You can download it right away on our download page.
With this release we are really getting close to the final one! In fact we could have considered this release as the final 0.8.2 but we did not because we added some new features that need more testing and because there are some known bugs that we would like to fix.
New features and changes:
- IOS images can be directly uncompressed by GNS3.
- Open recent files menu.
- “Start all captures” and “stop all captures” options for Captures Dock.
- New icons with fancy hover effects (start, stop, pause, ellipse and rectangle).
- Farsi, Czech, Japanese and Italian translations updated.
- GNS3 settings file (gns3.ini) can be put in the same folder as gns3.exe (Windows only). This allows GNS3 to be standalone on USB stick for instance.
- New host device: a cloud with the ‘computer’ symbol and configured with all host interfaces.
- Qemu mac address generator has been fixed.
- Access to VirtualBox Manager from the GUI.
- Soft link gns3 -> gns3.pyw has been added (Unix/Linux only).
- Changed default paths for wrappers on OSX and UNIX/Linux.
- Wrappers are now GPL licensed.
- PEMU binary has been removed from our sources (it is still available on our download page).
- Capture option is now available from the “Device” contextual menu.
- Link actions are available from the summary topology window pane.
- Show rpcap interface names in a tooltip when hovering an entry in the interface menu (Windows only).
- Qemuwrapper support for the new Qemu networking syntax.
- Option to send Qemu and Qemu-img paths to an external Qemuwrapper.
- Possibility to use stylesheets from the view menu, for now only the ‘Energy saving’ theme is available.
- Tooltip for clouds.
- User guidance: status bar messages.
- Splash screen at startup.
- Small improvements and bug fixes all over the place.
- Mac OS X: VirtualBox VMs cannot communicate with IOS VMs.
- Win XP 64-bit: one Dynamips process stays alive after closing GNS3.
- When using Qemu Manager on Linux: VM is stuck on “Booting from Hard Disk” message.
Notes for Mac OS X:
- OSX 10.7 Lion: to use GNS3 with VirtualBox, you must copy a library included in our GNS3 Application to VirtualBox Application. (i.e. /Applications/GNS3.app/Contents/Resources/VBoxPython2.7.so to /Applications/VirtualBox.app/Contents/MacOS/VBoxPython2.7.so)
- Qemu is not included in our DMG. You will have to patch and compile it yourself (sorry!).
We hope you will enjoy this new release and please keep in mind this is still BETA even if this is close to be a final version. Therefore, if you find any issue, leave a message on our forum. Thank you for your help and support!