The long awaited GNS3 0.8.2 is finally released! You can download it right away on our download page.
We have been working hard on this new release and we hope you will enjoy it. Almost all major issues from previous versions have been fixed.
Although we tested it quite extensively, there may be still some issues, so if you find one please post a bug report on our forum.
New features and changes
- The issue with Qemu VMs that were stuck on “Booting from Hard Disk” message when using Qemu Manager on Linux has been fixed.
- Vboxwrapper can be started on a remote host and VirtualBox VMs locally controlled from GNS3.
- The Loopback Manager included in the Windows all-in-one now work on Win7/Vista.
- Start/pause/stop icons are colored as before BETA2.
- Checks for the correct version of Qemuwrapper and VBoxwrapper.
- New SecureCRT command line for OSX in terminal settings preferences.
- New option to set a delay between console when consoling to all devices.
- Qemu <-> VBox linking has been fixed.
- FlexiNetwork VirtualBox feature has been patched.
- Italian translation has been updated.
- Give a chance to hypervisor/wrapper processes to stop before they get killed.
- An issue when trying to choose the file in the Startup-Config dialog has been fixed.
- Additional check to avoid false positives when detecting compressed IOS.
- Symbol import/export issue for ‘Cloud’ nodes has been fixed.
- Windows interface names with non-ascii characters are now supported.
- Unicode support improvements.
Note to OSX 10.7 Lion users : in order to use GNS3 with VirtualBox, you must copy a library included in our GNS3 Application to the VirtualBox Application. (i.e. mv /Applications/GNS3.app/Contents/Resources/VBoxPython2.7.so /Applications/VirtualBox.app/Contents/MacOS/VBoxPython2.7.so).
Thank you for your help and support!