GNS3 0.8.4 RC1 is now released. This is the last step before a final release and last chance to catch bugs.
You can download this version on sourceforge.
Please post your suggestions/comments on the forum and let us know if you find any issue.
Here is a quick list of the changes:
- GUI improvements.
- Drag & drop of multiple devices when pressing SHIFT.
- Temporary projects are created by default.
- Winpcap compatibility mode set in all-in-one, allowing it to be installed on Windows 8
- Dynamips 0.2.8-RC5-community is now default on Windows.
- Qemu 1.3 can be installed from the all-in-one (experimental). Qemu 0.11.0 is still the default.
- Qemu 0.11.0 integrated to the DMG for Mac OS X (used by default).
- Qemu 0.14.1 integrated to the DMG for Mac OS X.
- Qemu monitor (to pause/resume) and user backend options (experimental).
- Support for multiple flavors of Qemu: sparc, arm, i386, x86_64
- SuperPutty command line support.
- SuperPutty in all-in-one on Windows (optional).
- VirtualBox interface numbering starts at 0 (e.g. e0 = VirtualBox interface 1 = eth0 on Linux).
- Dash is now accepted for hostnames.
- Fixed issues with ports reported as already in use.
- Gray out VLAN box when selecting dot1q port type in Ethernet Switch.
- Default delay for console adjusted from 0.5 to 1 second.
- Default base console is now 2101 instead of 2001
- Changed Dynamips default base UDP from 10000 to 10001
- Mouse wheel scrolls the scene by default + options to deactivate the wheel or use it for zooming
- Support for 36 network cards in VirtualBox (using ICH9 chipset)
- Patching for Dynagen (see topic5659.html for details)
- Wrappers improvements all over the place.
- New baseconfig.txt
- New option to save traffic capture in project directories.
- Experimental auto IDLE PC calculation feature (requires Dynamips 0.2.8-RC5, included in Windows all-in-one and OSX DMG).
- ASA pre-configuration.
Thank you for your contribution!